Hey mamas we understand that breastfeeding can sometimes be mentally and physically exhausting. You can be up at all hours of the night, dealing with cluster and comfort feeding and it can take a toll on your energy and emotions.⠀
We think all mamas can use an energy boost along the way. Natural nutrients from foods are a great source of long lasting energy, unfortunately we’re not talking about chocolate! Read on for our pick of healthy foods, to help top up your energy stores:
- Avocados - full of B5 to help your body convert food into energy. They are also full of good fats and fibre for a slow energy release.⠀
- Grab a green juice or smoothie full of spinach and kale with vitamins B, C and Iron to keep you humming⠀
- Goji Berries are used in Chinese Medicine and are a great food for breast-feeding mums. High in Vitamin A which you need more of when breastfeeding, research has also found they may decrease feelings of fatigue and increase alertness. Eat raw or add to your favourite smoothie.
- Almonds and pumpkin seeds make a great snack on the go. Both are packed full of magnesium which helps you convert sugar to energy. Magnesium will also help with your stress levels too!⠀
- Brown Rice is a great complex carbohydrate to support longer last energy. It is rich in manganese which helps your body produce energy from protein and carbs. Due to its low GI content it also helps to regulate blood sugar. Brown Rice can also help support your milk supply, so a great double whammy.
- When all else fails grab a banana, packed full of B6, potassium and fibre they are a great energy source on the go. ⠀
Here at HQ we understand as a mum it can be hard to get the nutrients you need. We have created nutrient rich superfood blends with natural vitamins to help breastfeeding mums get the energy they need. Check our our re-energise for breastfeeding mums.